Are you excited about marine technology, dynamics and/or mechatronics? Do you have a strong affinity with in-depth (hydro)dynamic analyses? Or more generally with mechatronic system design? Do you also have a strong practical urge not to overcomplicate things? This skillset, “joy of simplicity” mindset and your entrepreneurial attitude make you a perfect fit for TWD
Foundations of Your Job
As a Marine Engineer at TWD, you are a vital part of the team. You collaborate with your fellow mechanical and structural Engineers and Designers to optimize the operational performance of the mission equipment. You focus on the methodology of an installation and design the best way to execute an operation with a simple and effective method. You also get involved in the practical aspects of the design process by building and testing prototypes. You visit the client sites to demonstrate the full operational effectiveness of your designs and see the results of your work with your own eyes. This helps you to keep in touch with reality and make your designs simple, safe, and effective. You also receive the support and guidance of your colleagues, who help you to learn and grow.
A glimpse of your responsibilities:
- Performing ingenious and simple hand calculations to prove the principle of your method
- Performing detailed (hydro)dynamic simulations (hydro)dynamic simulations
- Specifying the performance requirements of the installation equipment based on your simulations
- Creating and integrating the kinematic/dynamic models and the control system design for the installation equipment
- Managing the quality, budget, planning and team members of your project
- Building prototypes/demonstrators and visiting the clients to see the reality of your work
What Makes You Great
You have the enthusiasm, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit to work in a dynamic environment. You are a passionate, quick learner and have strong technical insight. You are a communicative team player who can guide and train project members on the job. You are flexible and able to come up with ingenious solutions. You have a sense of responsibility to get the job done. You are proud to be part of a company that is at the forefront of innovation and sustainability in the marine industry.
You are the perfect match for TWD if you also have the following skills and experience:
- You have a master’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Civil, Marine or Offshore Engineering
- You have 1-2 years of working experience as a Naval Architect, Marine Engineer, Mechatronics Engineer or System Dynamics Engineer
TWD – A Fun Challenge to Be Part Of
At TWD, we love to create construction methods and design installation equipment. We achieve creative, simple, and efficient solutions through dedicated teamwork. Thanks to our core values – Fun, Development, and Happy Clients – we grow at a rapid pace with over 300 talented people in five locations: Rotterdam, London, Athens, Taipei, and Perth.
Every day we contribute to the energy transition and key infrastructure projects worldwide. We do this by offering innovative design solutions to our clients, mainly in the offshore wind and heavy civils industry.
Why You Will Love Working at TWD
TWD offers a collaborative and supportive working environment that will stimulate you to take the lead in your professional and personal development. Our people describe TWD’s culture as open, no-nonsense, diverse, and informal – valuing your ideas and contributions.
Working at TWD includes:
- A gross salary starting from € 3,600 to € 5,000 depending on your experience
- 8% holiday allowance per year
- Collective pension
- Monthly travel allowance
- 25 holidays per year and compensation of overtime
- A free healthy and sustainable lunch buffet, prepared daily in our own Lunchroom
- An exciting company trip each year where TWD offices come together
- Friday afternoon drinks and special TWD events such as sports events, pub quizzes, ladies’ night, and various social gatherings
Join Our Team!
Do you have what it takes to join our team? We are happy to meet you! Submit your CV and motivation letter through the apply button. We will get in touch with you within one working week.
At TWD, we celebrate diversity and inclusivity, welcoming individuals from all backgrounds. We continuously work on enhancing our recruitment process, ensuring fairness and inclusiveness at every step.