Jacket Lifting Tool – East Anglia One
Lightweight flange lifting tool
The Jacket Lifting Tool (JLT) helps to install the next generation of wind turbines. Designed by TWD, the JLT is lightweight and currently available with a Safe Working Load (SWL) up to 4000 tonnes. The design can be scaled and tailored to your maximum crane capacity.
The JLT is fully remotely controlled and can ensure a safe and easy installation without the need for the crew to access the top of the jacket. It is designed with operational safety, speed, and redundancy in mind. As we have a large track record in designing offshore lifting tools, we incorporated this expertise to successfully realize the lightweight JLT innovative design. The design helped to install the East Anglia offshore wind farm (714 MW) that generates green energy for 630.000 homes every year.
- Tailored to the crane and offshore operation
- From design to fabrication, fully load tested, and DNV certified in 10 weeks
- Lightweight tool, weight down to only 1,5% of the SWL
- SWL 500 – 4000 tonnes
- Fully remote control, no wiring or access required
- Adaptable for multiple diameters and projects