Through our well-established Fabrication Management services, we ensure that your smart equipment designs are fabricated properly and always work as intended.
A smooth fabrication process is a crucial part of having a successful project execution. To ensure your equipment design functions as intended, we offer fabrication management to oversee your tailored design materializing. We work with a large network of fabricators and can easily assist you with procurement, fabrication, equipment certification, and field engineering. Meanwhile, we manage the interfaces between different subcontracts so that your construction project is completed on time and on budget.
Our Fabrication Engineers help you to bridge TWD's design team with the suppliers. Having been involved in all types of projects across markets, we have solid experience in successfully fabricating diverse equipment. Thanks to our profound understanding of equipment constructability and construction processes, our engineers can help you with:
- Logical fabrication sequencing
- Development of suitable Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) set-ups
Our unique fabrication-independent design approach allows us to select the most suitable and competitive fabricator for your project. As we aim to optimize your fabrication process, we start well before the design phase is completed. Because we regularly deal with fabricator quotation packages within a broad supplier network, we know how to attract fair quotations for you.
During the procurement process, our fabrication team helps you with:
- Requesting for quotation packages (incl. project planning, specific technical requirements, quality, legal, commercial aspects)
- Tracking the delivery times of critical items
- Requesting the availability of materials
At TWD, we believe in preventing instead of fixing issues. That is why we assist you with fabrication to guarantee a complete and smooth process for your construction. When you have selected your fabricator, our engineers support them to have your equipment built on time and within budget. This makes sure that not only the progress but also the quality of your equipment matches your expectations.
Our fabrication teams make sure to:
- Propose design changes when needed
- Pay regular site visits to inspect the construction process and quality
- Register the progress, observations, remarks, concerns, and actions in our site visit reports
- Overlook interfaces at scope splits to assure an integrated design and to reduce any interface risks
Mobilizations can bring last-minute on-site decisions. Thanks to our solid experience in fabrication management, we know how to make these decisions fast. At the same time, our smart and agile working approach effectively prevents any project delays and safety compromise during your entire operation. Our team can:
- Make a mobilization plan by developing a clear deck layout, defining the mobilization sequence, and defining the shortest mobilization lead time
- Create 3D vessel models to prevent unexpected clashes during mobilization
- Assist with Site Acceptance Tests to comply with the equipment protocols
As a part of our full Fabrication Management service, our field engineers closely monitor your site operations to optimize the construction and quickly fix any issues on the spot. This assures a timely execution of your project. Specifically, during the installation, we can help you with:
- Further refining constructions to improve workability or cycle times
- Working out a design or a quick fix that improves your operation on the spot
Safety plays a key role in the success of your project. At TWD, we recognize the prominence of this role and offer safety tools and procedures in our Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) management services. This means that our fabrication engineers and consultants take care of safety aspects at all levels of your project – from creating documentation and applying safety practices in design to overseeing safety at site visits. Our integrated approach is a guarantee to eliminate last-minute surprises affecting your design workability. In the meantime, our QHSE management scope goes beyond safety in projects only; we also continuously improve our working procedures so that the daily operation in TWD is always healthy and safe.
Every project is unique and has multiple interfaces to consider. That is why our multidisciplinary services do not stop at method engineering and equipment design. We provide all-round project management services to unburden you with all your project needs. Some of the common project assistance we offer includes budgeting, planning, or QHSE assistance, procurement management, or interface management. With our diverse skill sets in TWD, we are confident to deliver you a complete and seamless project execution.
Benefits of TWD Fabrication
At TWD, we make design solutions that are independent of the fabricators. This allows us to select case-by-case the most suitable and competitive fabricator for your project. By closely managing the entire progress and quality of the fabrication, we help you quickly construct your equipment without compromising safety.
Start a project?
Curious about how we can help with fabrication in your project? Reach out to us and begin a smooth project execution today.