Remotely Operated Lifting Tool – Akita Noshiro OWF
To assist Kajima Corporation with the installation of the Akita and Noshiro offshore wind farms in Japan, TWD designed a remotely operated lifting tool to move the transition pieces (TPs). Each of the 33 turbines was installed with a monopile and a transition piece as the foundation. Two different types of TPs were designed, including 5 x 400t and 28 x 340t.
The project consisted of the concept design and detailed design of the TP lifting tool and TP cover. To improve control during lifting operations, the lifting tool was integrated with cameras and sensors that offered enhanced operational safety. Additionally, TWD provided the design of TP covers to ensure long-term protection during the storage of the TPs on land and offshore.
- Integrated TP cover and lifting lug design to ensure the TP is enclosed at all times
- Bumper and guide system to improve control during lifting operations and increase operational handling time
- Cameras and sensors to increase operational safety
- TP covers during on- and offshore storage
- Typhoon and snow prove TP cover design